Monday, November 24, 2008

36 hours and Poland

A quick rundown for the last year and a half:

*I graduated from the University of Minnesota with my Chemical Engineering degree.

*I moved to Bismarck, North Dakota to work for US Water Services as an application engineer.  I run studies on various unit operations such as boilers, cooling towers, deaerators, softeners, reverse osmosis systems, filtration by various media, and set up chemical treatment programs.  The goal is water conservation through increased cycles of concentration and lower natural gas usage from clean and protected systems, accomplished by optimized chemical feed systems limiting emissions and use. 

For a variety of reasons--and from the advice of several people--I've begun trying to reconnect to the creative outlets I used enjoy.  I think it's time I started blogging again.  Eventually (in the next few months) I hope to buy a new domain and start a blog/photo gallery.   I finished my first stencil art in three years and have been thinking about picking up a job as a cook on the weekends (my USWS manager actually suggested this).  I figure it will give me a good way to meet people and keep myself busy, though I'm concerned about the amount of time a second job would consume.  Maybe January.

Change is an odd thing.  I don't think it matters if you're 19, 23, 49, or 53 years old, it takes time to level again.  I've never thought myself adverse to change or someone who avoids it, but I think I better understand why it scares people.  Regardless of how much you liked or disliked the previous circumstance (or your current): it's the idea a major part of your life will not be the same.

For now, I'll start with writing here regularly and see what happens.

No comments: